Dark Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Makes: 12 Servings
- 1 8 fl oz bottle / 1 cup PediaSure® Grow and Gain Vanilla
- 2‐1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup non-salted butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups mashed bananas (approximately 3 medium bananas)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
Pre‐heat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 5- inch loaf pan. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. In a large bowl, cream brown sugar and butter with a beater. Whisk in the egg, mashed bananas and PediaSure Grow and Gain Vanilla. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet mixture until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Bake for 55 minutes, or until top of bread turns brown and cracks along the top.
- Use whole wheat flour for a higher fiber version.
- Baker’s secret: to lock in the moisture, cover with foil and let sit for 30 minutes when removed from oven.
Can be made with:
PediaSure Grow & Gain Vanilla