Cauliflower Alfredo Spaghetti
Makes: 12 Servings
- 1 8 fl oz bottle / 1 cup PediaSure® Grow and Gain Vanilla
- 5 cups cauliflower florets (1 small/medium cauliflower), boiled for 5 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 package of spaghetti pasta*
- 3-1/2 oz bacon (or other favorite meat), pre-cooked and diced
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a small nonstick skillet over low heat, sauté the minced garlic with the butter until fragrant, being careful not to brown the garlic.
In a food processor, place the cooked cauliflower, sautéed garlic & butter, PediaSure Grow & Gain Vanilla, salt and pepper. Blend several minutes until the sauce is very smooth, adding a little more liquid as needed to obtain the right consistency. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Remove from heat, drain the pasta and return to the pot. Toss the pasta with the sauce, cooked diced bacon and parmesan cheese.
Transfer to a greased casserole dish and top with grated mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until cheese has melted and pasta has heated through. Let cool slightly before serving!
- Substitute/add your child's favorite meat (such as ground beef or chicken) and/or sauce (such as tomato or meat sauce) for variety.
- Instead of mixing all ingredients together, you can layer the meat or protein choice under the cheese.
- Substitute whole grain pasta to up the fiber content.
Can be made with:
PediaSure Grow & Gain Vanilla